Dial Tone: Connects, Moves, Changes & Wiring
This service is available to all authorized subscribers using standard dial tone service. The service is classified into the following categories. Additional information is provided below. If you need assistance with these services, please contact:
- 225.342.7720 or 225.219.5542(Supervisor)
Connects and Moves
- Dial Tone Connect: The provision of analog dial tone service (i.e., an analog telephone line, including Proprietary Business class service) by the local telephone company to the subscribers telephone network interface which is usually located in an equipment room in the subscribers building. This category is also applicable for a move of analog dial tone service from one network interface location to another.
- Digital/ISDN Dial Tone Connect: The provision of digital or ISDN dial tone service (i.e., a digital telephone line) by the local telephone company to the subscriber's telephone network interface which is usually located in an equipment room in the subscribers building. This category is also applicable for a move of digital or ISDN dial tone service from one network interface location to another.
- Number Change: The assignment of a new telephone number to replace an existing number.
- Feature Change: The addition to or change of a software feature associated with dial tone service.
- Digital Configuration Change: The rearrangement of the original button assignments, features, and/or call appearances associated with Digital Electronic Business Sets (DEBS) or Proprietary Business class service. A configuration charge will only apply after the original installation of digital service with DEBS.
- Convert Analog to Digital Service: The conversion of existing analog service to digital or ISDN service.
- Cross Connects: For a new dial tone connect or for a move of existing dial tone service, a wiring cross connect will be required. The cross connect is used to connect the telephone company's incoming dial tone to the wire run which goes to the telephone user's location.
- Telephone Jack and Wire Run: A new telephone jack and new wiring may be required for extending dial tone to the user's telephone location. However, there may be an existing jack and existing wiring for the user's telephone location which can be reused.
Two types of companies which may be used by OTS to provide cross connects, telephone jacks, and wire runs are:
- Local Telephone Companies: This type of company provides the dial tone service to the subscriber location.
- Equipment or Wiring Vendors: This type of company may be one of a number of independent equipment or wiring vendors who operate in the subscriber's area of the state. The selected vendor may have previously provided equipment or installed wiring at this location.
The following one-time rates apply to installation work performed for new or moved dial tone service as completed by the local telephone company that provides dial tone service to the subscriber. A Support Service fee of 0.5% shall be applied to the monthly cost of this service.
|Dial Tone Connect Work||Rate Per Line|
|1st Line On Order||$76.50|
|Each Additional Line On Order (Same Location)||$17.00|
|Digital/ISDN Dial Tone Connect Work||Rate Per Line|
|1st Line On Order||$229|
|Each Additional Line On Order (Same Location)||$170|
|Each Additional B Channel||$11|
The following one-time rates apply to work performed by OTS and/or the local telephone company that provides dial tone service to the subscriber.
|Changes||Rate Per Line|
|Number Change: 1st Line on Order||$51|
|Number Change: Each Additional Line On Order||$11|
|Feature Change: Per Number, Same Order (ECAS)||$5|
|Digital Configuration Change||$25|
|Feature Change: Per Order, Same Day, Same Order, Same Location (BellSouth)||$29|
|Restoration from Vacation--1st Line||$51|
|Restoration from Vacation--Each Additional Line||$11|
Wiring: One-time charges apply to work completed by the equipment or wiring vendor. If wiring or cross connect work is performed by an equipment or wiring vendor, the agency will pay the actual charges from the invoice plus a 5% processing charge. The 5% processing charge does not apply for wiring issued by agency release order through one of the state wiring contracts.
NOTE: Any item not covered above will be handled on a case by case basis.
Contact OTS Customer Service and provide contact information and a description of what is needed. Customer Service will work with the agency to determine with form(s) the agency should complete and submit.