State of Louisiana
M. J. "Mike" Foster, Jr.
Mark C. Drennen
November 1, 2000
MEMORANDUM SA 01-10
|All State Agencies|
|FROM:||F. Howard Karlton, CPA|
|SUBJECT:||Chart of Accounts Regeneration|
The Office of Statewide Information Systems (OSIS) will be running the batch program NYTI (New Year Table Index) on the night of January 4, 2001 as part of the December monthly close job stream. This program will regenerate the Chart of Accounts table entries for fiscal year 2001-2002 in AFS using fiscal year 2000-2001 Chart of Accounts table entries as of January 4, 2001. Fiscal year 2001 records on the Organization (ORGN) and Louisiana Organization (LORG) tables that are inactive when NYTI is run will not be regenerated. Agencies are advised to review their FY 2001 structure by December 15, 2000. If it is determined that additions, changes, or inactivations are needed to ensure that the structure will be regenerated as desired, requests must be received at the Office of Statewide Reporting (OSRAP) by COB December 20, 2000. OSRAP no longer deletes organizations. Instead, they will be inactivated. This action will prevent financial activity from posting against the organization and prevent the regeneration of the organization.
Should there be any updates to an agencys structure that effect both FY01 and FY 02 after December 20, forms will need to be submitted for each effected fiscal year. The system will not automatically update both fiscal years for any structure changes entered after January 4, 2001. It is the requesting agencys responsibility to ensure that update forms submitted for table entries maintained by OSRAP and the State Treasurers Office (STO) specify each effected fiscal year after December 20, 2000. The following tables will be updated by NYTI:
1. AGC2 (Agency), AGCL (Agency Class), AGCT (Agency Category), AGGP (Agency Group), AGTP (Agency Type) These tables are maintained by OSRAP and list valid agency codes along with their related hierarchical structure. Agencies will not be allowed to initiate accounting transactions (pre-encumbrance, encumbrance, etc) in ISIS using fiscal year 2002 until the AGC2 table is regenerated.
2. APRD (Accounting Period) This table is maintained by OSIS and lists valid accounting periods and their status for each fiscal year.
3. BAC2 (Balance Sheet Account), BCLS (Balance Sheet Class), BCAT (Balance Sheet Category), BRGP (Balance Sheet Group) - These tables are maintained by OSRAP and list valid balance sheet account codes and their related hierarchical structure.
4. BANK (Bank Account) This table is maintained by STO and lists the valid bank codes for all bank accounts in AFS.
5. FGY2 (Fund Agency) This table is maintained by OSRAP and lists the valid fund/agency combinations within an agency/fund.
6. FUN2 (Fund), FCLS (Fund Class), FDGP (Fund Group), FTYP (Fund Type), CFND (Louisiana Cash Account Fund) These tables are maintained by STO and list fund codes and their related hierarchical structure.
7. RSR2 (Revenue Source), RCLS (Revenue Class), RCAT (Revenue Category), RGRP (Revenue Group) These tables are also maintained by OSRAP and list valid revenue source codes and their related hierarchical structure. Entries must exist on the RSRC table before the code may be used on an accounting distribution or document.
8. OBJ2 (Object), OCLS (Object Class), OCAT (Object Category), OGRP (Object Group), OTYP (Object Type) These tables are maintained by OSRAP and list the valid object codes and their related hierarchical structure. Entries must exist on the OBJT table before the code may be used on an accounting distribution or document.
9. LORG (Louisiana Organization), RPTG (Reporting Category) These tables are agency maintained tables. After January 4, 2001, should an agency add, change, or delete an entry on these tables for FY 01 and want the action to be shown for FY 02, an entry must be made to both fiscal years.
AGPS requisitions and orders for FY 02 cannot be entered until January 5, 2001
Should you have any questions, please contact the OSRAP Help Desk at (225) 342-1097. Please distribute copies of this memorandum to the appropriate individuals at your agency. Remember, all OSRAP SA memorandums and forms may be accessed through our home page at http:\\www.doa.state.la.us\osrap\osrap.htm
C: Mr. Gary Hall, CPA STO
Ms. Alexis Thompson OSIS
| OSRAP home page | Division of Administration home page | Info Louisiana home page |