State of Louisiana DIVISION OF ADMINISTRATION Office of Statewide Reporting and Accounting Policy
M. J. "Mike" Foster, Jr. Governor
Mark C. Drennen Commisioner of Administration
December 10, 1999
MEMORANDUM SA 00-18
|All State Agencies|
|FROM:||F. Howard Karlton CPA,
Chart of Accounts Regeneration
The Office of Statewide Information Systems (OSIS) will be running the batch program NYTI (New Year Table Index) on the night of December 28, 1999 as part of the December monthly close job stream. This program will regenerate the Chart of Accounts table entries for fiscal year 2000-2001 in AFS using fiscal year 1999-2000 Chart of Accounts table entries as of December 28, 1999. Fiscal year 2000 records on the Organization (ORGN) and Louisiana Organization (LORG) tables which are inactive when NYTI is run, will not be regenerated. Agencies are advised to review their structure and effect any known additions, changes, or deletions/inactivations before December 28 to ensure their structure will be regenerated as desired.
Should there be any additions, changes, or deletions/activations that need to be made to an agencys structure for fiscal year 2000 after December 28, 1999, then changes will also need to be made to fiscal year 2001 if the agency wants the additions, changes, or inactivations to affect both years. The system will not automatically update both fiscal years for any structure changes after December 28, 1999. After December 28, 1999, requests for additions, changes, and deletions/inactivations to table entries maintained by the Office of Statewide Reporting and Accounting Policy (OSRAP) and the State Treasurers Office (STO), will require that the requesting agency specify each fiscal year. After December 28, 1999, OSRAP will no longer delete organizations. Instead we will inactivate them. This action will prevent financial activity from posting against the organization, and also prevent the regeneration of the organization. The following tables will be updated by NYTI:
1. AGC2 (Agency), AGCL (Agency Class), AGCT (Agency Category), AGGP (Agency Group), AGTP (Agency Type) These tables are maintained by OSRAP and they list valid agency codes along with their related hierarchical structure. Agencies will not be allowed to initiate accounting transactions (pre-encumbrance, encumbrance, etc) in ISIS using fiscal year 2001 until the AGC2 table is regenerated.
2. APRD (Accounting Period) This table is maintained by OSIS and it lists valid accounting periods and their status for each fiscal year.
3. BAC2 (Balance Sheet Account), BCLS (Balance Sheet Class), BCAT (Balance Sheet Category), BRGP (Balance Sheet Group) - These tables are maintained by OSRAP and they list valid balance sheet account codes and their related hierarchical structure.
4. BANK (Bank Account) This table is maintained by STO and it lists the valid bank codes for all bank accounts in AFS.
5. FGY2 (Fund Agency) This table is maintained by OSRAP and it lists the valid fund/agency combinations within an agency/fund.
6. FUN2 (Fund), FCLS (Fund Class), FDGP (Fund Group), FTYP (Fund Type), CFND (Louisiana Cash Account Fund) These tables are maintained by STO and they list fund codes and their related hierarchical structure.
7. LORG (Louisiana Organization), RPTG (Reporting Category) These tables are agency maintained tables. After January , 2000, should an agency add, change, or delete an entry on these tables for FY 00 and they want the action to also be shown for FY 01, an entry must be made to both fiscal years.
8. OBJ2 (Object), OCLS (Object Class), OCAT (Object Category), OGRP (Object Group), OTYP (Object Type) These tables are maintained by OSRAP and they list the valid object codes and their related hierarchical structure. Entries must exist on the OBJT table before the code may be used on an accounting distribution or document.
9. RSR2 (Revenue Source), RCLS (Revenue Class), RCAT (Revenue Category), RGRP (Revenue Group) These tables are also maintained by OSRAP and they list valid revenue source codes and their related hierarchical structure. Entries must exist on the RSRC table before the code may be used on an accounting distribution or document.
AGPS requisitions for FY 01 cannot be set to status code 135 or 150 until January 2000
Should you have questions concerning this memorandum, please contact the OSRAP Help Desk at (225) 342-1097. Please distribute copies of this memorandum to the appropriate individuals at your agency. Remember, all OSRAP SA memorandums and forms may be accessed through our home page at http:\\www.doa.state.la.us\osrap\osrap.htm
C: Mr. Gary Hall, CPA STO
Ms. Connie Carlton OSIS
| OSRAP home page | Division of Administration home page | Info Louisiana home page |