State Employee Pay Raise for Unclassified State Service
Amends Executive Order No. KBB 07-15
WHEREAS, Executive Order No. KBB 2007-15, issued on July 18, 2007, established rules and policies for the application of the one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500) per year general increase for employees in unclassified state service, provided by Act 18of the 2007 Regular Session of the Louisiana Legislature; and
WHEREAS, it is necessary to amend Executive Order No. KBB 2007-15 to clarify its application to unclassified employees of registrars of voters;
NOW THEREFORE I, KATHLEEN BABINEAUX BLANCO, Governor of the state of Louisiana, by virtue of the authority vested by the Constitution and laws of the state of Louisiana, do hereby order and direct as follows:
SECTION 1: Section 2 of Executive Order No. KBB 2007-15, issued on July 18, 2007, is amended as follows:
A. Except as provided in Paragraph C of this Section, the rules and policies established by this Order shall be applicable to all full-time and part-time officers and employees in unclassified state service of the state of Louisiana.
B. The rules and policies established by this Order shall not be applicable to the following officers and employees in unclassified state service of the state of Louisiana:
1. Students and graduate assistants;
2. State employees who are employed by public entities and are paid entirely by revenues which are not appropriated in Acts 18 or 48 of the 2007 Regular Session; provided however, that nothing herein shall prohibit a public entity from implementing a pay increase for such state employee from available funds;
3. Faculty of public higher education institutions who, per the Board of Regents guidelines, are eligible for the Faculty Pay Raise provided in Act 18 of the 2007 Regular Session of the Louisiana Legislature;
4. Adjunct faculty of public higher education institutions;
5. Unclassified employees who will receive the Faculty Pay Raise, Teacher Pay Raise or Support Worker Pay Raise provided in Act 18 of the 2007 Regular Session of the Louisiana Legislature, including, but not limited to, employees of special schools as defined in Schedule 19 of Act 18 of the 2007 Regular Session; University Laboratory Schools and Department of Public Safety and Corrections;
6. Intermittent employees being those employees employed in state service who are not hired to work on a regularly scheduled basis;
7. Temporary employees in the unclassified service of the executive branch whose employment is not reasonably expected to exceed one (1) year or twelve (12) consecutive calendar months;
8. Seasonal employees being those individuals employed on a non-continuous basis for a recognized peak work load project;
9. Elected local or statewide officials;
10. Appointed members of state boards and commissions, whose compensation is established in the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950.
C. The general increase for employees in unclassified state service shall be applied as a cost of living increase for unclassified employees of registrars of voters.
SECTION 2: All other sections, subsections, and paragraphs of Executive Order No. KBB 2007-15, issued on July 18, 2007, shall remain in full force and effect.
SECTION 3: The provisions of this Order shall be effective upon signature and shall remain in effect until amended, modified, terminated, or rescinded by the governor, or terminated by operation of law.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have set my hand officially and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of Louisiana, at the Capitol, in the city of Baton Rouge, on this 6th day of August, 2007.
Kathleen Babineaux Blanco
Secretary of State