The mission of the Administration/Support Services Program is to provide and manage the human (personnel), fiscal, and physical resources necessary for the efficient and effective operation of the Louisiana School.
The goal of the Administration/Support Services Program is to provide and maintain the human (personnel), fiscal, and physical resources of the school in a manner which maximizes the efficiency and effectiveness of the school and its programs, including, but not limited to, the school's budget, physical plant, and personnel.
OBJECTIVES AND PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
The Administration/Support Services Program provides leadership to the Louisiana School for Math, Science, and the Arts (LSMSA). The success of this program is reflected in the success of the other programs in the Louisiana School for Math, Science and the Arts (LSMSA). Performance information consistent with the program's strategic plan and with the statewide model for administration/support services programs will be reported next year. LSMSA has provided significant objectives and performance indicators for the Administration/Support Services Program for FY 1998-99 that are reported below.
1. The Administration/Support Services Program will provide, allocate, and control the financial resources of the school to assure maximum achievement of the school's goals within the funds available, including limiting the costs of administration to 5% of the total budget in FY 1998-99.
1 All LSMSA students reside on campus.
2. In FY 1998-99, the Administration/Support Services Program will assist all programs of the school by retaining 87% of all incumbents and by continuing to recruit and employ qualified employees for the school.
3. In FY 1998-99, the Administration/Support Services Program will maximize utilization of the physical plant with respect to available space and opening/closing times, including keeping instructional spaces available to students 12 hours a day.
4. The Administration/Support Services Program will invite qualified students from all 66 public school systems in FY 1998-99.
5. The Administration/Support Services Program will support a policy requiring 3 hours of work service from each student to aid the staff in maintaining and operating the school in FY 1998-99.
1. Number of hours times minimum wages.
RESOURCE ALLOCATION FOR THE PROGRAM
SOURCE OF FUNDING
This program is funded with general fund.
ANALYSIS OF RECOMMENDATION
The total means of financing for this program is recommended at 118.7% of the existing operating budget. It represents 65.5% of the total request ($1,630,822) for this program. The changes in this program are primarily due to an increase in funding for acquisitions and major repairs and an increase in risk management premiums. The remaining difference is due to other statewide adjustments.
ACQUISITIONS AND MAJOR REPAIRS
Return to the main page | Previous document | Next document