Program Authorization: R.S. 17:3222
The mission of the Bossier Parish Community College is to provide an educational environment which stimulates, encourages, and challenges the development of the intellect; which encourages in both instruction and advisement, the achievement of full potential and the pursuit of lifelong learning.
The goals of Bossier Parish Community College are:
1. Provide the opportunity to earn academic college credits for transfer to four year institutions of higher education learning.
2. Provide associate degree programs and one and two year occupational certificate programs.
3. Provide developmental studies and remedial programs.
4. Provide a comprehensive program of student developmental activities.
5. Provide an effective community education program of non-credit courses and community services.
Objectives and performance indicators were still being developed at the time this document went to print.
RESOURCE ALLOCATION FOR THE PROGRAM
SOURCE OF FUNDING
The sources of funding for this program are general fund and fees and self-generated revenues. Fees and self-generated revenues include: (1) student fees such as (a) general registration fees, (b) non-resident fees, (c) application fees, and (d) other fees; (2) revenues from organized educational activities; and (3) other revenues.
ANALYSIS OF RECOMMENDATION
The total means of financing for this program is recommended at 101.0% of the existing operating budget. It represents 96.3% of the total request ($15,411,301) for this program. The major reasons for the increase from the existing operating budget are due to the statewide adjustments cited above.
ACQUISITIONS AND MAJOR REPAIRS
Return to the main page | Previous document | Next document