Program Authorization: R.S. 36:649; R.S. 17:151; R.S. 17:1991-2000; R.S. 17:2031-2036; P.L. 99-498; 34CFR 90
The mission of the Technical College State Activities Program is to manage and provide leadership and a system of accountability for the 42 technical college campuses and the Resource Center.
The goal of the Technical College State Activities Program is to ensure a challenging and effective technical and academic curricula which will be offered to the citizens of Louisiana to meet the workforce needs of business and industry.
The Technical College State Activities Program includes the following activities: Technical College State Activities, Pell Grant.
OBJECTIVES AND PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
The Technical College System State Activities Program provides leadership and support to the technical colleges of the state. The success of this program is reflected in the success of the other programs of the technical colleges. Performance information consistent with this program's strategic plan and with the statewide model for administration/support service programs will be reported next year. The program did provide the following information for FY 1998-99.
1. The Technical College System State Activities Program, through the technical college state activities, will reduce the number of assessments findings revealed during on-site reviews by 5% by the end of FY 1998-99.
2. The Technical College System State Activities Program, through the technical college state activities, will demonstrate an absence of audit findings and will show a 2% increase in the percentage of trainees employed by those industries which benefit from 8(g) vocational education Quickstart funds in FY 1998-99.
3. The Technical College System State Activities Program, through the technical college system state activities, will increase the percentage of programs which exceed the minimum productivity level as defined by the Commission on Occupational Education by 105 in FY 1998-99.
1 Productive programs are defined as those achieving 50% completion rates and 40% placement rates.
4. The Technical College System State Activities Program, through the technical college system state activities, will increase by 5% the number of campuses achieving 75% of the objectives in their individual operational plans in FY 1998-99.
5. The Technical College System State Activities Program, through the technical college system state activities, will process Pell Grant payments to students in a timely fashion as measured by a 2% reduction in the number of complaint calls received from schools and/or students and the lack of audit exceptions identified in FY 1998-99.
RESOURCE ALLOCATION FOR THE PROGRAM
SOURCE OF FUNDING
The source of funding for this program includes general fund, interagency transfers, self-generated revenue and federal funds. The interagency transfer is provided through the Louisiana Quality Education Support Fund (8(g)) and Federal School to Work grant funds transferred from the Governor's Office. Self-generated revenues are provided through Technical instructor certification fees. The sources of federal funds include Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Applied Technology Act and Pell grants authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Amendments.
ANALYSIS OF RECOMMENDATION
The total means of financing for this program is recommended at 92.7% of the existing operating budget. It represents 89.7% of the total request ($3,990,740) for this program. The decrease in general fund and federal means of financing reflects the attrition adjustment to fully fund salaries, retirement rate changes, and those adjustments associated with departmental reorganization.
ACQUISITIONS AND MAJOR REPAIRS
Return to the main page | Previous document | Next document