Program Authorization: R.S. 27:15; Act 817 of 1993
The mission of the Administrative Program is to regulate all gaming activity under its jurisdiction in a manner which instills public confidence and trust that gaming activities are conducted honestly and are free from criminal and corruptive elements; to promote economic development of the state and to protect the general welfare; to ensure the integrity of individual gaming activities by the regulation of persons, practices, associations, and activities within the gaming activity.
The goals of the Administrative Program are:
1. License and permit all suitable and qualified applicants.
2. Efficiently regulate gaming activities to protect the general welfare and enforce the provisions of Gaming Control Law and administrative regulations to ensure that gaming activities are free from criminal and corrupt elements.
3. Promote fairness in the licensing and enforcement process and comply with the provisions of the Administrative Procedure Act.
OBJECTIVES AND PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. In FY 1998-99, the Administrative Program will approve and issue licenses to qualified and suitable applicants.
1 Applicants for licenses and permits are investigated by the Louisiana Sate Police, Department of Justice, and Department of Revenue through delegation and division of authority by the board. The board reviews investigative reports, findings, and recommendations of other agencies.
2. In FY 1998-99, the Administrative Program will review conduct of all gaming operations and enforce statutes and rules related to gaming through delegation and division of authority to appropriate state agencies
Performance indicators for this objective are provided in the program descriptions of the state agencies to which authority to review conduct of gaming operations and enforce statutes and rules is delegated. See the State Police Gaming Enforcement Program and the Department of Justice Gaming Program.
3. In FY 1998-99, the Administrative Program will provide for administrative hearings and render decisions on matters heard by hearing officers or the board.
RESOURCE ALLOCATION FOR THE PROGRAM
SOURCE OF FUNDING
This program is funded with a statutory dedication derived from the Riverboat Gaming Enforcement Fund. (Per R.S. 39:32B.(8), see table below for a listing of expenditures out of each statutory dedicated fund.)
ANALYSIS OF RECOMMENDATION
The total means of financing for this program is recommended at 95.1% of the existing operating budget. It represents 99.4% of the total request ($4,046,262) for this program. The reduced funding is due to the removal of nonrecurring reimbursement of applicants license fees.
ACQUISITIONS AND MAJOR REPAIRS
Return to the main page | Previous document | Next document