Program Authorization: 25:315-317
The mission of the Louisiana Music Commission is to promote and develop popular commercial music and its related industries in Louisiana.
The goals of the Louisiana Music Commission are:
1. Maximize the economic impact of the Louisiana music industry.
2. Provide reference and technical assistance to Louisiana's music industry.
3. Preserve Louisiana's culturally diverse musical legacies.
The Louisiana Music Commission develops and implements programs affecting diverse music-related areas such as: marketing Louisiana music resources; creating networking opportunities for the Louisiana music industry; serving as a reference resource to Louisiana's music resources; providing technical assistance to Louisiana music professionals; developing initiatives for live music, education, business infrastructure, broadcasting and production; and serving as a liaison to the international press for Louisiana's music industry.
OBJECTIVES AND PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. The Louisiana Music Commission Program will develop an integrated marketing plan to raise awareness of the diversity and depth of the Louisiana music industry by September, 1998.
2. The Louisiana Music Commission will establish the Louisiana Music Network Cooperative by January, 1999.
RESOURCE ALLOCATION FOR THE PROGRAM
SOURCE OF FUNDING
The Music Commission program is funded with General Fund Direct.
ANALYSIS OF RECOMMENDATION
The total means of financing for this program is recommended at 99.6% of the existing operating budget. It represents 21.9% of the total request ($ 681,226 ) for this program. At this level of funding, this program will be able to provide approximately the same level of services.
Special Marketing Activities - to provide for group activities, prospects, special ceremonies, and activities to promote economic and commercial success, and stimulate national and international interest in the Louisiana music industry
ACQUISITIONS AND MAJOR REPAIRS
05 DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Return to the main page | Previous document | Next document