The mission of the Office of the Secretary is to provide administrative leadership, departmental support services, and encourage development of economic initiatives.
The goals of the Office of the Secretary are:
1. Provide leadership for the development and effective economic development policy for the state.
2. Provide support services for agency programs.
3. Provide the highest quality legal assistance to department staff and regulatory assistance to department clients in a timely fashion.
4. Provide technical and financial assistance to economically disadvantaged businesses and to contractors.
5. Develop and administer initiatives based on technological development, deployment and innovation.
6. Develop human resources.
7. Provide for policy and decision making.
This agency's recommended appropriation includes $32,305 for short-term debt, including Lease Purchase agreements.
In addition to the above recommended appropriation, $1,358,988 will be paid in fiscal year 1998-1999 for long term debt incurred on behalf of this agency from the previous sale of bonds. Total long-term debt service payments for the state for fiscal year 1998-1999 are reflected in the Governor's Executive Budget Supporting Document in Non-Appropriated Requirements, Schedule 22-922.
This agency's recommended appropriation also includes the following amount by means of financing for payments on the unfunded accrued liability of the Louisiana State Employees' Retirement System in accordance with the provisions of Article X, Section 29 of the Constitution of Louisiana:
Return to the main page | Previous document | Next document