Program Authorization: La. Revised Statutes, Title 29, Sections 251-262, as Amended
The mission of the Contact Assistance Program is to aid all veterans and/or their dependents to receive any and all benefits to which they are entitled to under the laws of the United States and the states thereof.
The goals of the Contact Assistance Program are:
1. Ensure that all potential eligibles are aware of benefits provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
2. Inform Louisiana veterans, their dependents, and the public of federal and state veterans' benefits.
2. Assist applicants in applying for and securing all benefits to which they may be entitled.
3. Provide counseling for all servicemen, servicewomen, and their dependents who feel they have a claim against the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, any branch of service, and any other federal agency.
OBJECTIVES AND PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. In FY 1998-99, the Contact Assistance Program will process 96,000 claims and locate approximately 227,000 veterans or dependents to determine their eligibility for veterans benefits.
1 Estimated based on available first quarter data.
RESOURCE ALLOCATION FOR THE PROGRAM
SOURCE OF FUNDING
This program is funded with state general fund and fees and self-generated revenues. The fees and self-generated revenues are derived from each parish's 25% share of providing a veterans service office.
ANALYSIS OF RECOMMENDATION
The total means of financing for this program is recommended at 101.8% of the existing operating budget. It represents 89.8% of the total request ($1,986,525) for this program.
ACQUISITIONS AND MAJOR REPAIRS
Return to the main page | Previous document | Next document