The Office of Telecommunications Management has only one program, Telecommunications Management. Therefore the mission and goals of the Office of Telecommunications are the same as those listed for the Office of Telecommunications in the program description that follows.
Act 153 of the 1982 Regular Legislative Session statutorily established the Office of Telecommunications with in the Division of Administration. The act established the duties of the office as follows:
1. To establish and coordinate all telecommunications systems and services affecting the management and operation of the executive branch of state government;
2. To act as a sole centralized customer for telecommunications systems;
3, To act as billing agent charging respective user agencies for their proportionate operating cost of telecommunications systems and services and for operating the office;
4. To develop coordinated telecommunication systems and services for all state user agencies;
5. To review, coordinate, approve or disapprove all requests by state agencies to procure telecommunications systems;
6. To establish and define specifications to ensure compatibility of telecommunications systems and services;
7. To provide continuous analysis and inventory of telecommunications systems and service in state government;
8. To promote, coordinate or assist in the design and engineering of emergency telecommunications systems;
9. To provide consultation to user agencies with respect to telecommunications management and planning; and
10. To develop policies, procedures and long-range plans for the acquisition and use of telecommunications systems.
The Office of Telecommunications Management is an ancillary agency in the Division of Administration.
This agency's recommended appropriation provides $72,000 for short-term debt, which includes lease-purchase agreements.
This agency does not have any long-term debt for Fiscal Year 1999-2000.
This agency's recommended appropriation also includes the following amount by means of financing for payments on the unfunded accrued liability of the Louisiana State Employees' Retirement System in accordance with the provisions of Article X, Section 29 of the Constitution of Louisiana:
Return to the main page | Previous document | Next document