Return to the main page | Previous document


20-XXX Miscellaneous

 

PROGRAM C: GROUP BENEFITS STATE RETIREES COVERED BY MEDICARE

Program Authorization: Louisiana Revised Statute 42:851(A)(1)(C)

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION

This program was authorized by Act 150 of the 1998 First Extraordinary Session. Because of timing, this program was not included in the Fiscal Year 1999 Executive Budget but implemented in Fiscal Year 1999 through preamble provisions contained in the General Appropriations Act Act 19. Act 150 provided that for Fiscal Year 1999, the minimum state contribution for health premiums for state retirees with Medicare would increase from 50% to 60% of total premium. For Fiscal Year 2000, the state subsidy would increase to 70% for state retirees with Medicare. The recommended appropriation is associated with the estimated Group Benefits costs associated with increasing from 60% to 70% the state premium subsidy for state retirees covered by Medicare.

RESOURCE ALLOCATION FOR THE PROGRAM

This agency's recommended appropriation does not include any funds for short-term debt.

This agency does not have any long-term debt for Fiscal Year 1999-2000.

 

SOURCE OF FUNDING

The source of funding was State General Fund, Fees and Self-generated Revenues, and Federal Funds.

 

ANALYSIS OF RECOMMENDATION

GENERAL FUND

TOTAL

T.O.

DESCRIPTION

 

 

 

 

 

$0

$0

0

 

ACT 19 FISCAL YEAR 1998 1999

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BA-7 TRANSACTIONS:

$0

$0

0

 

None

 

 

 

 

 

$0

$0

0

 

EXISTING OPERATING BUDGET November 20, 1998

 

 

 

 

 

$2,300,000

$3,900,000

0

 

Other Adjustments - Group Benefits estimated costs associated with increasing from 60% to 70% the state premium subsidy for retirees with Medicare. This increase is required by Act 150 of the 1998 First Extraordinary Session. The costs reflected assume 60% general fund liability, with the remaining 40% funded with other means of financing.

 

 

 

 

 

$2,300,000

$3,900,000

0

 

TOTAL RECOMMENDED

 

 

 

 

 

$2,300,000

$3,900,000

0

 

DIFFERENCE (TOTAL RECOMMENDED AND EXISTING OPERATING BUDGET)

This is a new program for Fiscal Year 2000. It represents 111.43% of the total request ($3,500,000).

 

PROFESSIONAL SERVICES

This program does not have funding for Professional Services for Fiscal Year 1999-2000.

OTHER CHARGES

$3,900,000

 

Group Benefits estimated costs associated with increasing from 60% to 70% the state premium subsidy for retirees with Medicare

     

$3,900,000

 

TOTAL OTHER CHARGES

 

ACQUISITIONS AND MAJOR REPAIRS

This program does not have funding for Acquisitions and Major Repairs for Fiscal Year 1999-2000.


Return to the main page | Previous document