The mission of the Office of Secretary is to provide leadership, direction and support to its program directors. The Office of the Secretary is composed of four programs. These programs are: Executive, Management and Finance, Technology Assessment (formerly Energy Conservation) the Atchafalaya Basin, and the Auxiliary account (Home Energy Efficiency Fund). The goals of the department are consistent with the respective goals of its programs. They are:
1. Executive: Maximize coordination of services and give general direction to the Department for all activities.
2. Management and Finance: Optimize the use of funding by the Department and its offices.
3. Atchafalaya Basin Program: Conserve, restore and enhance (where possible) the natural habitat of the Atchafalaya Basin and give all people the opportunity to enjoy the Atchafalaya experience.
4. Technology Assessment Program: Promote energy efficiency and the development of alternative and renewable energy sources, both to educate on conserving renewable and non-renewable natural resources.
5. Auxiliary: Promote energy efficient new housing and cost effective energy efficient retrofits in existing housing.
This agency's recommended appropriation does not include any funds for short-term debt.
This agency does not have any long-term debt for Fiscal Year 1999-2000.
This agency's recommended appropriation also includes the following amount by means of financing for payments on the unfunded accrued liability of the Louisiana State Employees' Retirement System in accordance with the provisions of Article X, Section 29 of the Constitution of Louisiana:
Return to the main page | Previous document | Next document