The Statewide Project and Portfolio Management initiative is being implemented by the Office of Information Technology to foster an environment for improved performance of project delivery. It will provide standards, guidance, and oversight of major IT Projects within the Executive Branch of State Government.
It will support State Agencies in the management and delivery of selected IT initiatives by:
- Developing project management standards that address the entire project life-cycle;
- Developing project management certification standards to enhance the ability of internal agency staff to manage IT projects thoroughly and efficiently;
- Developing a Resources Library from which an agency can download templates and samples of documents that need to be retained for the historical record of a project;
- Assisting State Agencies in other project management areas, including, but not limited to:
- Navigation of the Technology Procurement process;
- Definition and deployment of collection and reporting of Key Performance Indicator metrics;
- Maintenance of Project Portfolio Repository, which is a historical record of completed PMO-engaged projects.