PES Job Aids
The time for Performance Evaluations is rapidly approaching. In order to provide the best opportunity for timeliness and compliance of evaluations, job aids have been developed and internal deadlines have been established for the completion of the PES process.
The Internal Deadline for DOA for Performance Evaluations is: Friday, 08/16/2013 and for Performance Plans is: Friday, 09/13/2013.
We remind you that both Evaluating Supervisors and Second Level Evaluators are subject to the Civil Service Rules found in Chapter 10, which govern the Performance Evaluation System (PES), as well as DOA Personnel Policy #26.
Please click on the link below for the job aids on the Performance Evaluation System (PES):
* * * * * * * *
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL EXAM (PLE-Series 8100)
The Professional Level Exam (PLE-Series 8100) will replace the current Professional Entry Test (PET-Series 9333).
Important dates to remember:
- February 28, 2013 - Last administration of the PET (Series 9333) required to be eligible to apply for vacancies posted during March and April.
- March 1, 2013 - Administration of the PLE (Series 8100) in Baton Rouge Testing Office begins.
- March 2, 2013 - Administration of the PLE (Series 8100) in Saturday Centers begins. Check the Civil Service website for schedule dates for each location.
- April 15 through April 30, 2013 - Agencies cannot post in LA Careers for job titles covered by the PET.
- April 19, 2013 - All PET vacancy postings must close and all PET continuous job postings must be inactivated.
- April 30, 2013 - Scores for the PET expire.
- May 1, 2013 - Scores for the PLE are active. Postings for job titles covered by the PLE can now be posted in LA Careers. PLE scores will now have an expiration period of two years.
- July 19, 2013 - All PET eligible lists expire from postings that closed on April 19, 2013.
- There will be a limited transition exception period for using PET scores for promotion only of permanent state employees until May 1, 2015.
Please click on the link below for information on testing exemptions and frequently asked questions:
If you have any questions regarding the PLE, please feel free to contact Brandon Blanchard at Brandon.email@example.com or 225-342-6064.