|The Staffing/Compensation Unit is responsible for:
- Advising agency personnel and clients on Recruitment and Staffing matters.
- Advising section heads, appointing authorities and managers on various appointment types and selection procedures in order to create and maintain a diverse workforce.
- Serving as a resource for layoff related matters. Responsible for handling administrative aspects of the layoff process to maintain compliance with Chapter 17 of the Civil Service rules.
- Serving as the Division of Administration’s system administrator for the NeoGov Online Hiring Center.
- Developing DOA workforce plan, collaborating with DOA sections to create workforce plans tailored to address specific needs/issues.
- Developing DOA succession planning procedures.
- Managing compensation issues by review of pay schedules and ranges, and comparisons to other jobs and positions.
- Reviewing job specifications and position descriptions and making recommendations for classification and compensation issues.
- Managing the allocation of positions to the appropriate job title by virtue of authority delegated from the Department of State Civil Service.
- Developing and managing Division of Administration compensation policies.
- Advising managers and employees regarding the state civil service system’s classification and compensation, policies, rules and structure.
- Preparing job studies for submission to the Department of State Civil Service.
- Working with agency administrators to organize and reorganize organizational units.
- Developing, recommending, implementing, reviewing, interpreting, and revising DOA personnel policies.
- Reviewing special pay requests for individuals under Civil Service Rules to include: Optional Pay Adjustments, Rewards and Recognition, and other available pay rules.
- Managing requests for unclassified authority.
- Maintaining updates on federal and state labor law postings. Assisting DOA sections in maintaining compliance with related policies.
- Coordinating the Office of Human Resources Strategic Plan.
- Serving as the OHR Webmaster.
- Maintaining the DOA Employee Handbook.