|The Employee Relations Unit is responsible for:
- Advising and training DOA and client managers and employees regarding the applicability and obligations of federal employment laws (FLSA, FMLA, ADA, and Title VII) and assisting in the interpretation and administration of those laws. Managing these programs for the DOA and other clients.
- Overseeing the state unemployment compensation services, including preparing the Request For Proposals, contract award, contract monitoring and acting as a liaison between agency personnel and contractors.
- Managing the claims made for unemployment by former employees of the DOA and clients.
- Administering the Performance Evaluation System (PES) including reporting statistics to Civil Service. Training managers on the effective use of the PES program and advising managers regarding performance management.
- Administering the merit program for the DOA and clients.
- Investigating performance and behavioral incidents, workplace violence, harassment and discrimination claims.
- Managing the processes and notifications for the attainment of permanent status by probational employees of the DOA and clients.
- Investigating discipline issues and grievances on behalf of management. Managing disciplinary actions, Civil Service appeals and litigation resulting from employment actions in accordance with Civil Service rules and Federal and State law.
- Managing the scheduling for the DOA and other clients for the state training program through the Comprehensive Public Training Program (CPTP) as well as the requirements of minimum supervisory training implemented by the Department of State Civil Service (DSCS). Monitoring compliance with minimum supervisory training and training required by Executive Order. Overseeing the DOA management training program.