Required by Revised Statutes Title 39:1497
This sample contains all of the required certification language under Louisiana Revised Statutes Title 39:1497 for contracts in excess of $5,000.
Click here for WORD Document
DATE OF LETTER
Ms. Pamela Bartfay Rice, Esq.
Division of Administration
Office of Contractual Review
P. O. Box 94095
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9095
Dear Ms. Rice:
In reference to the enclosed contract, we do certify the following:
- Either no employee of our agency is both competent and available to perform the services called for by the proposed contract or the services called for are not the type readily susceptible of being performed by persons who are employed by the state on a continuing basis;
- The services are not available as a product of a prior or existing professional, personal, consulting, or social services contract;
- When applicable, the requirements for consulting or social services contracts, as provided for under Louisiana Revised Statutes Title 39:1503, have been complied with.
- The (Department of _______) has developed and fully intends to implement a written plan providing for:
- a. The assignment of (provide name) to a monitoring and liaison function; and
- b. The periodic review of interim reports or other indicia of performance to date; and
- c. The ultimate use of the final product of the services.
- A cost-benefit analysis has been conducted which indicates that obtaining such services from the private sector is more cost-effective than providing such services by the agency itself or by an agreement with another state agency and includes both a short-term and long-term analysis and is available for review.
- The cost basis for the proposed contract is justified and reasonable.
- A description of the specific goals and objectives, deliverables, performance measures and a plan for monitoring the services to be provided are contained in the proposed contract.
NAME OF AUTHORIZED PREPARER