- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice - State of Louisiana (2010)
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice - Non-Entitlement Areas (2010)
CDBG Grant Recipients are required to submit to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) certification of affirmatively furthering fair housing. This certification has three elements, which require that entities:
- Complete an Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice;
- Take actions to overcome the effects of any impediments identified through the analysis; and
- Maintain records reflecting the analysis and actions taken.
An Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (AI) is an examination of the impediments or barriers to fair housing that affect protected classes within a geographic region. HUD defines impediments to fair housing choice in terms of their applicability to state and federal law. In Louisiana, this would include:
- Any actions, omissions or decisions taken on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability or handicap, familial status, national origin, or religion (protected classes) which restrict housing choices or the availability of housing choice.
- Any actions, omissions or decisions which have the effect of restricting housing choices or the availability of housing choice on the basis of the protected classes listed previously.
The AI process involves a thorough examination of a variety of sources related to housing, affirmatively furthering fair housing, the fair housing delivery system and housing transactions, which affect people who are protected under fair housing law. AI sources include census data; home mortgage industry data; federal, state and local housing complaint data; surveys of housing industry experts and stakeholders; and other housing information.
An AI also includes an active and involved public input and review process via direct contact with stakeholders, public forums to collect input from citizens, distribution of draft reports for citizen review and formal presentation of findings.
Note: To view Adobe PDF files, you must have the Adobe PDF reader. You can download the latest version of the Reader for free by clicking on the icon below:
Contact the Webmaster if you have any difficulties.