I. Reserving a Room:
- The conference center staff accepts reservations via telephone, fax, or email.
- When reserving a room or rooms, the following information must be provided:
- Date and beginning and ending times of meeting(s)
- Department, Agency and Program reserving room(s)
- Name and type of meeting
- Required furniture arrangements
- Estimated number of attendees
- Listing of special needs and/or equipment (internet, projectors, etc.)
- Details regarding outside catering service, if applicable. (The CCC does not offer catering but agencies are welcome to employ catering services. However, food and drinks are not allowed in the Louisiana Purchase Room, Room 1-100).
- The four (4) Boards which hold their meetings in Room 1-100, Louisiana Puchase Room (Board of Regents, University of Louisiana System Board, BESE Board and Civil Service Board) may schedule room reservations for the Louisiana Purchase Room and rooms required to support their Board meetings up to two (2) years in advance, if the meeting dates have been approved by the respective Board.
- All other Claiborne Building tenants may reserve rooms up to one (1) year in advance.
- Non-tenants may reserve rooms up to six (6) months in advance.
- Requests by tenant agencies, for furniture required for approved functions in the Main Lobby of the building, must be submitted to the conference center staff seven (7) to fourteen (14) days prior to the meeting date. However, the conference center staff cannot guarantee that furniture will be available. Top priority will be given to furnishing the conference center meeting rooms. Therefore, tenants are encouraged to provide their own furniture for functions held in the main lobby of the building.
II. Use of Main Lobby by Tenant Agencies:
The Main Lobby of the Claiborne Building is not part of the Claiborne Conference Center and is under the control of the Office of State Buildings. With the approval of the Director of State Buildings, fundraisers sponsored by a tenant agency's administration may be held in the Main Lobby of the building if 100% of the proceeds will be donated to a non-profit organization. Requests to hold fundraisers in the Main Lobby of the building must be submitted to the Director of State Buildings a minimum of three (3) weeks prior to the event. Such requests must include a schematic indicating the proposed furniture layout and will only be allowed if means of ingress and egress are not compromised. Use of the Lobby by non-tenants is not allowed.
III. Reserving Special Resources:
- If possible, requests for any special resources must be made at time of room reservation.
- Requests for internet service must be made at least 48 hours prior to meeting.
- Request for video conferencing, or video streaming, must be made at least 72 hours prior to meeting.
- Requests for use of portable projectors, laptops, teleconference phones, microphones, flip charts and podiums owned by CCC, will be granted based on availability. The equipment will be provided free of charge to State agencies. A rental fee will be charged to non-state users. See the CCC website for a list of those charges.
- If CCC owned projectors and/or laptops are available for use by meeting organizers, the equipment must be 'checked-out' with the conference center staff. Equipment must be 'checked-in' with the conference center staff immediately following the conclusion of the meeting. Should the meeting conclude after 5:00 p.m., the equipment must be secured in the Claiborne Building by the appropriate agency staff, and the equipment must be 'checked-in' with the conference center staff the morning of the next business day. Checked-out portable equipment can not be left unattended at any time. Failure to follow procedures will result in the loss of the privilege to use any portable equipment owned by the conference center. Should any “checked-out” equipment be lost during use, the agency hosting the meeting will be responsible for the replacement costs and will be billed accordingly by the conference center staff.
IV. Cancellation of Reservations:
- Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting
- Cancellations for the Louisiana Purchase room must be made at least ten (10) days prior to the scheduled meeting.
- If a room is not used within the first hour of the scheduled time, it will be considered cancelled and will be made available for immediate use by others.
- Failure to cancel reservations as indicated above, will result in the agency being charged an administrative fee in the amount of the daily room rate charged to non-tenants. These charges can be found on the CCC website. These charges may be waived by the Office Facilities Corporation if the scheduling agency submits adequate, written justification for failure to use a reserved room.
V. Use by Non-Tenants of the Claiborne Building:
- All non-tenants are required to pay a room usage fee. The fees are located on the CCC website.
- All non-tenants are required to pay a fee for use of video conferencing equipment in the amount of $50.00 per meeting.
- Claiborne tenants are not permitted to “sponsor” a non-tenant of the Claiborne Building in order for the non-tenant to avoid payment of a room fee. Should this occur, the sponsoring tenant will be charged the daily rate of the room and equipment used by the non-tenant.
VI. Use by Tenant Agencies for fundraising events:
- Conference Center facilities may be used for fundraiser events if the event is sponsored by the tenant agency's administration.
- a.) If 100% of the proceeds from the event will be donated to a non-profit organization no room charges will apply.
- b.) If 100% of the proceeds from the event will not be donated to a non-profit organization, the standard non-tenant room charges will apply.
- Conference Center facilities may be used for events which are held for the benefit of state employees, i.e. Flu Shots, Employee Benefit Fairs, Deferred Compensation meetings, Group Benefits meetings, etc. No charges will apply for such events if sponsored by a tenant agency's administration.
VII. Payment Procedures for Non-tenants:
- Non-tenants will be sent an invoice for payment via email at the time of reservations.
- All payments from non-tenants are due one week prior to room and equipment usage. Payments for use of the Louisiana Purchase Room are due two weeks prior to use of the room.
- Failure to remit payments timely will result in cancellation of reservation.
- Payments are to be made payable to Office Facilities Corporation and remitted to the Claiborne Conference Center at 1201 North Third Street, Suite 1-182, Baton Rouge, LA 70802.
VIII. Room cleanliness and readiness, room noise, and food and beverages:
- At this time, food and beverages are allowed in every room EXCEPT the Louisiana Purchase room (1-100).
- If food and beverages are served, the user agency will be required to remove all leftover food and beverages immediately following the meeting. If a meeting is catered, all food service equipment must also be removed at the end of your meeting.
- Violation of this rule will result in assessment of a clean-up charge of $150.00 per incident, which must be paid prior to future use of any room in the Conference Center. Checks are made payable to Office Facilities Corporation at the address listed above.
- Multiple violations by an agency may result in higher assessments or the cancellation of privileges to serve food and beverages in the Conference Center.
- If the room is scheduled for use immediately following your meeting, it will be the user agency’s responsibility to properly discard all trash in the proper bins. You will be notified accordingly.
- Professional courtesy is to be shown at all times to other meetings and functions by keeping noise levels to a minimum.
- Rude behavior towards the conference center staff will not be tolerated and will be reported to the head of the agency. Repeat offenders may be barred from use of the conference center.
- Building rules do not allow posting signage on doors or walls. Easels may be requested from the conference center office and should be requested when the reservation is made. Conference Center staff has been instructed by the Office of State Buildings to remove all signage posed to doors and/or walls.
Claiborne Conference Center Staff:
Clint Schoppert, Manager Karin Herrin, Assistant Manager
Office: (225) 219-7296 Office: (225) 342-2640
Cell: (225) 247-5607 Cell: (225) 921-2109